Henna Brows & Laminate Brows
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BOOK!
Don't Forget The Patch Test!
Dyotics Brow Henna is made of pure Indian henna. But there are pigments added to give the powder the nice brown colors. One of the added ingredients is p-phenylenediamine. It is very rare, but PPD can cause skin ailments even in very low quantities. Just to be sure: always perform an allergy test on customers who are having a henna brow treatment for the first time. Use Ash Brow or Raven, even if you are actually planning to dye the eyebrows with a light shade.
Do I need a patch test?
Yes, absolutely! The patch test needs to be done at least 48 hours before treatment, but the good news is, the patch test can be picked up at our studio and can be done in the comfort of your own home. super easy to do..once patch test looks good than you can proceed with your appointment! if you prefer us to do the test not a problem! just click on booking tab scroll down and look for Henna patch test! at your patch test appointment if you have any other questions we'd be happy to answer!
Henna brows are a type of tinting that stains the skin giving you tinted hairs for up to 6 weeks and a tint on the skin that can last anywhere from 2-10 days. It's a fantastic way to try out a shape before committing to semi-permanent makeup, or if you just want your eyebrows shaped and filled temporarily.
Henna has been around for thousands of years and has been used for hair dye, body art, and makeup. A lot of people associate henna with the colour red, but henna brows are specially formulated to give a more cool colour tone that is absolutely perfect for eyebrows.
Henna brows process
If you've ever had your brows tinted and waxed, then you'll have an idea of how the process works. The first step for henna brows is all about cleansing and removing any oils from the skin. This is to ensure that your skin is super clean and ready for the henna.
After your eyebrows are clean, they are then measured and shaped which also allows you to have some input before the process goes ahead. The next step is crucial and can make or break your eyebrow shape. A white paste is applied around your eyebrows that acts as a barrier and is what gives you the sharp, defined lines of your new eyebrow shape. After the paste has been applied, it's time for the henna! This part of the process is delicate and very carefully applied. The henna has to be pushed onto the skin to ensure it sits in between the hairs to give you that fuller effect. Once it is evenly applied and super sharp, it will sit there for about 10 - 20 minutes. When it's done developing, it is wiped away and your eyebrows are then waxed, or tweezed to complete a high definition effect.
What about the pros and cons?
• Henna brows tint and stain the skin giving you a more fuller, 3D effect.
• It's great for those that have sparse or over plucked brows
• Henna brows can encourage hair to grow back fuller in all the right places
• It contains less chemicals and harsh ingredients so is a great option for sensitive skin
• It will last on the hairs for up to 6 weeks which is almost twice as long as regular tint
• Henna can tint the skin anywhere from 2-10 days
• Henna takes beautifully to grey hairs
• The oilier your skin, the less the skin stain will last
• You will need to clean around your brows. The more you can leave them alone and not touch them, the longer the skin stain will last.
• Henna will not last as long with any skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis.
• For best results, the more brow hair the better. People with very little brow hair would not see as long lasting results
I have gotten henna brows myself and I have combination skin. My forehead gets shiny but I wouldn't say I'm oily. I'm on day 6 and the stain from the henna is still going strong!
What's the difference between regular tint and henna brows?
Regular eyebrow tint will only tint the hairs and lasts anywhere from 2-4 weeks. It is great for those that are happy with their eyebrow shape and don't require any other shaping.
Henna brows produce longer lasting results. Lasting up to 6 weeks on the hairs, it also tints the skin which is great if you would like a better shape to your brows. It fills in anywhere you have gaps.